The Certified Special Events Professional (CSEP) designation recognizes event professionals who have successfully demonstrated the knowledge, skills and ability essential to perform all components of a special event. ILEA endorses and manages the voluntary CSEP program for those who meet established standards.
The program was developed to:
- Increase the proficiency of event professionals
- Elevate industry standards and practices
- Establish the level of knowledge and performance necessary for certification
- Promote the advancement of the special events industry
- Advance the career of practitioners
- Acknowledge the high caliber work of CSEPs and the value of the products and services they provide.
To qualify as a candidate for the CSEP exam, one must have a minimum of three years of full-time events industry employment.
- Fill out the application.
- Submit proof of three years of full-time events industry employment.
- Pay $600 exam fee - credit card information is collected in the application.
Acceptable forms of documentation can include but are not limited to: statement of employment verification from personnel or human resources official, copy of W2 forms (USA applicants only), letter of incorporation. Supporting documentation must be submitted in English. If these documents are in a language other than English, the candidate is responsible for having the documents translated into English and notarized. Submission information is located in the exam application.
Approved candidates will receive a notification with exam scheduling information. Candidates are responsible for scheduling their exam at their chosen testing location.
If you would like to re-take the exam you must complete the CSEP Retake Examination Form.
DATES AND DEADLINES
The exam window is 15 days in length and offered four times annually.
Exam Application and Exam Fee Due Date
Apply Now! Visit www.ileahub.com/CSEP and submit your application today!